Sunday, July 19, 2015

Why you should be using a Foam Roller

The foam roller is one of the most widely used tools for the means of self-care/maintenance. Heck, it may have even been recommended by your healthcare professional, coach or trainer to use one to help reduce pain or improve your flexibility.  There are many benefits and uses for improving your health by using a foam roller.  So to simplify things, let's take a page out of David Letterman's playbook and do a Top Ten List.  Here they are in no particular order.

Top Ten Reasons You Should Be Using a Foam Roller:

1.) Can reduce pain
2.) Can help with recovery
3.) Can be used to improve posture
4.) Can improve mobility and flexibility
5.) Breaks up Scar Tissue
6.) Can increase your performance
7.) Can help prevent injury
8.) Can reduce stress
9.) Portable
10.) Can also serve as a piece of exercise equipment

Not sure how to foam roll and need some guidance, check out this video by Eric Cressey, of Cressey Performance. **Use caution while trying these techniques out, especially when using a lacrosse ball as seen in the video**


If you want even more guidance on foam rolling, check out StrongFigure's new e-book, Total Health and Fitness Makeover. I recommend it as a great resource for much more than foam rolling. It is packed with information on nutrition, recovery and self-care/maintenance strategies. I had the opportunity to write a section in the book titled, Getting Screened, Dynamic Warm-up/Movement Prep & Corrective Exercises OH MY!
Stay tuned for a snippet from my portion later this week. The book goes on sale today and will only be sold from July 20-27 at a low price of $30.  That's 25% off!  Purchase it and you won't be disappointed.


If you need some guidance on how to properly foam roll or need any other tips/advice, please contact me. Definitely, if you have pain, schedule with me for an evaluation.

Remember, "Get Pain Free with Dr. G!"

P.S. Stay tuned for my next post with the snippet from Total Health and Fitness Makeover

1 comment:

  1. I am very much happy to share to every viewers that is reading this,I want to inform the whole public of how I got help for my herpes, I wanted this since 6 months ago, I have also taken treatment from some doctor,few weeks back I came on the net to see if I will be able to get any information as to cure my herpes, on my search I saw various testimony of people who was helped by a great man called Dr Akhigbe and without any hesitation, I contacted him, I wrote to him and and he guided me, I asked him for solutions and he started the remedies for me and indeed 3 weeks after I started using the medicine, I was completely happy as it worked for me.I went to the hospital for check up and indeed I was declared negative from my disease, and I also waited again for two weeks and went back to another hospital for check up to be fully sure and to my great surprise I was still declared negative, and I decided to share this great opportunity to those people out there fighting this sickness, You can contact him now for your medicine to cure your diseases, contact his Email;  drrealakhigbe@gmail.com     or     Whatsapp     +2349010754824    website. http://drrealakhigbe.weebly.comDr  Akhigbe also cure diseases like..
    HIV,  Herpes , Cancer,  Chronic Disease,  Asthma ,  Parkinson's disease,  External infection,  Als, progeria, common cold,  multiple sclerosis disease,   Nausea, Vomiting or Diarrhea, Heart Disease, meningitis, Esquizofrenia, Toxoplasmosis, Pulmonary Fibrosis,Diabetes,  Kidney Disease,  Lupus,  Epilepsy,   Stroke,Eczema, Erysipelas, Tetanus,  Eating Disorder,  Back Pain. Osteoporosis etccontact him for your solution.

    ReplyDelete